Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stellar - by Ignacio Torres

Today is my 23rd birthday! *cue the mixed media confetti* I've been saving this post for a special day. Those of you who loved the cinemagraphs post will probably be as delighted as I was to stumble upon this series by Ignacio Torres.

On his website, he describes the concept behind "Stellar": This project began from the theory that humans are made of cosmic matter as a result of a stars death. I created imagery that showcased this cosmic birth through the use of dust and reflective confetti to create galaxies.









Check out his website to see more from this series!

8 comments:

Farrah Abigaelle said...

Happy Birthday! I've seen many photos like these on tumblr they're very interesting! My birthday is next week, Go September!!!
-Farrah
Farrah's Muse

Keep smiling!!! said...

Happy birthday from my side too! a littel late but still :p This are very interesting photos :)

livelaughlove said...

these are such great pictures! you are so talented! im thirteen years old and you hve like my dream life! follow me on my blog!! (:

LacyxGotxYoxMoney said...

These are really really cool! Oh and Happy Belated birthday....=D

BreastFeeding Top Shop said...

Very beautiful pictures!

BlogMagiLuna said...

These are beautiful! I love them so much!

The Reverse Affect said...

Great find! So dope!

essay help said...

cool photos!!!